OUR VISION STATEMENT
We are committed to producing sustainable packaging that is clean, safe, and protects the environment and the communities in which we live.
What is Sustainable Packaging?
• It’s beneficial, safe & healthy for individuals and communities throughout its life cycle.
• It meets market criteria for both performance and cost.
• It’s sourced, manufactured, transported, and recycled using renewable energy.
• It optimizes the use of renewable or recycled source materials.
• It’s manufactured using clean production technologies and best practices.
• It’s made from materials healthy throughout the life cycle.
• It’s physically designed to optimize materials and energy.
• It’s effectively recovered and utilized in biological and/or industrial closed loop cycles.
*Source: As defined by The Sustainable Packaging Coalition.
Download our Environmentally Friendly & Sustainable Packaging Brochure.
PCG is SFI® certified. We use raw materials that are socially beneficial and environmentally appropriate.
PCG is FSC® certified, which ensures our products are environmentally responsible and sourced from sustainable forestry.
In 2015, 19,020 solar panels were installed on 11 acres of property adjacent to the Super Plant. This is the largest privately owned Solar Farm in the state of New York producing 2 Megawatts of electricity.
Energy Efficient Lighting
The 522,000 square foot Super Plant was built with the concept that it had to be “Sustainable” and “Green”. In partnership with NYSERDA (The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority), approximately 1,000 energy efficient lights were installed throughout the facility reducing energy consumption. Continuing with our “Green” initiatives, in 2017, the factory will convert to LED lighting.
Waste Water Treatment
We utilize the latest technology in making starch, which allows us to recycle waste water during the manufacturing process.
100% of corrugated waste paper is recycled and baled. It is then converted into recycled liner board and medium.
All forms of plastic products are baled and recycled.
The metal strapping from the raw materials gets chipped and recycled.