President Container Group, a leading independent manufacturer of Corrugated Packaging (Sheets, Boxes, Trays, Partitions, Displays etc..) is seeking a full time experienced Electrical / PLC Technician for it’s factory in rural Orange County, NY( Middletown, NY), 60 miles north of New York City (20 miles from New Jersey and Pennsylvania). President Container, the manufacturing arm of PCG, is one of the largest corrugated plants (over 500,000 square feet) in North America. Our state of the art facility has some of the most up-to-date machinery in the industry, and with it we produce in excess of 2.3 billion square feet of corrugated each year. We are committed to producing sustainable packaging that is clean, safe, and protects the environment and the communities in which we live.
Responsible for maintaining all converting and corrugating equipment to minimize downtime.
- Practice safe work habits at all times.
- Demonstrate ability to repair and maintain machinery.
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by maintaining the machinery to run at available capacity and speed.
- Follow up on all work in order to insure repairs and work are performed properly.
- Complete all paperwork neatly, correctly and in accordance with company guidelines.
- Willingly work all necessary hours and shifts.
- Help maintain good housekeeping in work areas.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Must have experience with manufacturing type machinery – understanding of Gear Boxes, Large Motors, Drives, PLC’s, Encoders, 480v, and Photo Eyes.
- Both belted and roller conveyor knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of any of the machinery in the corrugated packaging industry (Flexos, Die Cutters) is a plus.
- Must have ability to communicate effectively (written and oral).
A competitive benefits package is offered. Salary is based on experience.
President Container Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. President Container Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
« Back to Employment Opportunities
To apply, please complete the form below: