Director of IT
President Container Group, a leading independent manufacturer of Corrugated Packaging (Sheets, Boxes, Trays, Partitions, Displays etc..) is seeking a full time experienced Director of IT for it’s corporate headquarters in Moonachie, New Jersey. President Container, the manufacturing arm of PCG, is one of the largest corrugated plants (over 500,000 square feet) in North America. Our state of the art facility in Middletown, NY has some of the most up-to-date machinery in the industry, and with it we produce in excess of 2.3 billion square feet of corrugated each year. We are committed to producing sustainable packaging that is clean, safe, and protects the environment and the communities in which we live.
The Director of IT will report directly to the Owners of the organization and interface with departments throughout the company. The position is directly responsible for the management of the IT department, infrastructure and systems as well as creating strategic efficient and cost effective solutions to optimize business processes and efficiencies.
- Oversee the streamlined operation of the Information Technology (IT) department and ensure operations align with the business objectives of the organization.
- Develop and manage application portfolios for each department and to attain all IT service level agreements for the user community within the organization.
- Plan, coordinate, direct and design all operational activities of the IT department, as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations. Work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for acquiring and enabling efficient and cost-effective information processing and communication technologies.
- Manage IT department operational and strategic planning, including business requirements, project planning, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Where necessary, re-engineer applications support to ensure it aligns with business processes, tactical planning, and strategic vision.
- Define and communicate project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to executive team, department leads, support staff, and end users.
- Develop and review budgets for and from IT department divisions and ensure they comply with stated goals, guidelines, and objectives.
- Review performance of IT systems to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements.
- Benchmark, analyze report on, and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Develop bid requirements for all hardware and software upgrades, reviews submitted bids for compliance with stated requirements, and makes the appropriate award.
- Authorize and oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, and support of all hardware and software based on department needs.
- Develop business case justifications and cost / benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Direct research on potential technology solutions and implementations in support of new initiatives, opportunities, and procurement efforts.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Oversee negotiation and administration of vendor, outsourcing, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned by management.
- Must meet performance standards including attendance and punctuality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years experience working in IT, to include a minimum of five (5) years experience in a leadership role.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development.
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of current network and operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards, including experience with systems design and development from business requirements and analysis through day-to-day management.
- Knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Superior understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
We offer a competitive benefits package as well as relocation. Salary will be based upon relevant experience.
President Container Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. President Container Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
To apply, please complete the form below: