President Container Group, a leading independent manufacturer of Corrugated Packaging (Sheets, Boxes, Trays, Partitions, Displays etc..) is seeking a full time experienced Corrugated Superintendent for it’s factory in rural Orange County, NY( Middletown, NY), 60 miles north of New York City (20 miles from New Jersey and Pennsylvania). President Container, the manufacturing arm of PCG, is one of the largest corrugated plants (over 500,000 square feet) in North America. Our state of the art facility has some of the most up-to-date machinery in the industry, and with it we produce in excess of 2.3 billion square feet of corrugated each year. We are committed to producing sustainable packaging that is clean, safe, and protects the environment and the communities in which we live.
This position will lead multiple corrugators shifts, including shift supervisors and employees to meet the safety, quality, production, and all other key performance indicators of a fast-paced work team. The Superintendent will also coordinate production operations and maintain effective quality procedures and safety regulations. This is a growth position that can lead to various upper management positions.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the shift with constant emphasis on safety, quality, delivery and cost
- Work closely with team members to provide a safe work environment
- Build effective relationships with all internal departments to produce a superior product
- Control load factors and workflow to ensure maximum use of available capacity and effective use of labor, tools, and equipment
- Maintain department shop floor metrics, visual controls, and continuous improvement methods to the manufacturing floor
- Coordinate maintenance work customer and manufacturing needs
- Maintain effective departmental quality procedures
- Coach and counsel team members to perform to company’s standards
- Management of manufacturing employees to include performance reviews and discipline
- 5+ years’ experience supervisory role in a paper manufacturing environment
- Experience in all functional areas of corrugated manufacturing
- Knowledge of starch kitchens and principles. Gel point, viscosity and soak testing
- Knowledge of heat and required paper temperatures and the effect of heat/steam based on paper moisture content
- Effective process management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical skills to track and scientifically react to down time analysis and overall corrugators performance
- Proven ability to manage strategic plans and capital investments
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred
The following skills are a plus:
- Knowledge of high speed Corrugators with speeds above 800 feet per minute.
- Knowledge of Fosber Corrugators or components
- Knowledge of kiwi or other industry scheduling or single point entry systems
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package as well as relocation. Salary will be based upon relevant experience.
Only applicants with experience in the Corrugated field will be considered.
For more information on President Container Group, please see our YouTube Video:
President Container Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. President Container Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.